We've been hearing this question a lot - How to find the price of a product?
We do not have an excel list of all our products and their prices. We are constantly updating our platform with better prices and more products, so a manual list would be very difficult for us to keep up to date. Instead, we dynamically update price, cost, inventory, and products skus in the MerchMixer App.
There's a few different "prices" in our platform.
Let's define each one below:
- Cost: Your cost is the price you will pay MerchMixer for a product. This is what is displayed in the collection of products under "Find Products" in the MerchMixer app. This is in USD. And it does including shipping costs.
- Price: This is the suggested sales price of the product. This is what your customers will pay you. We automatically add a 20-25% margin to all products, as soon as you Import them into your store. This is in USD.
- Compare at price: This is the price that we see for the product on the web. Sometimes this is also referred to as a the retail value or the MSRP. This is in USD.
- Margin: This is the percent profit that you are making on the product on each sale
- Profit: This is the dollar amount in USD that you are making on each product
How do I view price before Importing the Product:
Before importing a product into your Shopify Store, you can your cost of a product (in USD) that you will pay MerchMixer. You can view this on the Find Products page or by clicking into an individual product.
How do I view Price, after Importing the Product
After you import a product into your Shopify Store, you can see the below prices (in USD) by clicking into an individual product and scrolling down to Pricing.
- Compare at price: The price you would normally see this price on other websites
- Cost: The cost of the item to you
- Price: The cost the item will sell to your customer
- Margin: How much you make in USD
- % Margin: % margin